Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Putting this out to see if anyone here has the funds and interest to buy my Stage II car.
My car has been completed for a few years now and sits on jack stands in the garage.
I kinda lost interest, lack of funds to trailer/track the car.
I am the 2nd owner and the car started life as a 87 Turbo T Limited in black.
One of 226 built, however i changed the seats, door panels and chrome trim so it looks exactly like a GN now.
I have the original bill of sale for the car when purchased from the dealer and pictures of the car in it's original state incase the new owner wants to convert it back.
Buick Motorsports 4.5L 272ci, block is mint, all polished inside and never been hurt.
Crank is std/std Crower Billet, never been hurt.
Crower Billet rods mint condition.
Stage II Aluminium heads full port/polish from Busch GN race team (they knew what they were doing!).
Jesel roller rockers
Solid roller cam custom grind from Dan Strezo at DLS.
Stage II front Cover with MSD crank trigger and distributor.
GT47/88 T6 turbo.
Custom headers/5" downpipe made by Cooks and thermal coated locally (coating was $900. alone). These came off Tony Gomes car and then i cleaned them up and had them coated.
F.A.S.T XFI tuned by Cal Hartline.
F.A.S.T DASH
F.A.S.T EGT, 7 probes.
Innovative Boost Controller.
Dual 3" exhaust.
Centerline Convo pros.
Aerospace brakes all 4 corners.
Mark Williams built custom 8.5 GM rear end, 35 spline axles/spool etc.
Lonnie Dyers Stage 3 Turbo 400.
Billet bolt together Torque converter (DLS specs)
RJC Racing there biggest race intercooler.
6 point Chromoly roll bar.
3 stage belt drive oil pump built by Dan at DLS
Wilson Manifolds stage II full port/polish intake.
90mm Throttle body/doghouse.
Interior is from a 20,000km GN and is in near mint condition.
Paint is an easy 8/10, polish it nice and it well be a 9.
Weldon fuel pump with fuel cell and battery in the trunk.
Heater/AC delete.
Custom HD driveshaft.
New street tires all around.
160lb injectors.
Turbonetics new gen wastegate.
Custom JE pistons from Dan at DLS with coated skirts/domes.
Custom wrist pins.
Heavy Duty Valve train, Titanium valves/retainers,triple springs,spring cups and custom pushrods.
Everything is new/mint condition, no shortcuts,no used up cheap parts.
Sheetmetal oil pan.
No expense spared!
Dan Strezo and Ken Duttweiler helped with the build.
Took 6 years and alot of $$$ to build, never seen the track and never seen more then 5psi boost.
Only been on the street a couple times with the car wash and gas station being the furthest i have takin it.
This is more of a race car then a street car, however it can be made into a hot street car but definitly not a daily driver.
To be safe it needs to have the roll bar upgraded to a roll cage if you plan to race it.
If your serious and have the cash, $35,000.00 takes it home.
I have way more into it, and this is a huge undertaking to build from scratch.
Motor/trans are sound, no problems/issues what so ever.
Car is rustfree, lower door panels had chrome originally which was takin off and the holes for the panel attachments were filled/preped/painted.
Car was painted 10 years ago, no rust.

I may also consider trades plus cash.

Mike.:6:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Would you sell the engine by itself? If any interest in parting out or anything please send pm and we can discuss.

Fred

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Sorry to hear your selling the car Mike,but understand how the Buick thing goes ..one year it's full boar then you lose intrest.
All the best and here is a bump for you.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mike, that build is one of the best I have read for this region. And with all due respect, and please don't take this the wrong way but, how can one spend that kind of money, and spend all the time, with all the good/tech people involved and not at least thrash her once above 5lbs??
Seems a waste to me......6 yrs??
Again Im not dis"n ya... Just have a hard time get'n my head around this one..... and wish you the best on the sale

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Mike, that build is one of the best I have read for this region. And with all due respect, and please don't take this the wrong way but, how can one spend that kind of money, and spend all the time, with all the good/tech people involved and not at least thrash her once above 5lbs??
Seems a waste to me......6 yrs??
Again Im not dis"n ya... Just have a hard time get'n my head around this one..... and wish you the best on the sale
Try building one with your own 2 hands and see how long it takes, as some know parts are not off the shelf easily available and are long obsolete.
Also this is a huge undertaking and very costly.
You would have to understand the amount of power a combination like this makes, clearly you can end your life in a blink by filling here up with C16 and letting her rip on the street.
No dought you have a chance to end up flipping it without too much effort on the street if you have no respect for what your driving.
I gave up on street tuning/racing with my low 10 second combo years ago after a close call.

I have alot of respect for the amount of time and money i have invested in this and to "thrash her" is not an option.
You have to understand what drag racing is all about with this type of vehicle, you need an enclosed trailer, a spot to keep your trailer, a reliable tow vehicle, race fuel, and alot of time/money.

Anyway from your responce, this is clearly not a car you would be suited for.

:sw:

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I can relate to what Mike has gone through building this, I've been sourcing parts for 2 years one at a time, its a nightmare just to get a build like this even running...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Try building one with your own 2 hands and see how long it takes, as some know parts are not off the shelf easily available and are long obsolete.
Also this is a huge undertaking and very costly.
You would have to understand the amount of power a combination like this makes, clearly you can end your life in a blink by filling here up with C16 and letting her rip on the street.
No dought you have a chance to end up flipping it without too much effort on the street if you have no respect for what your driving.
I gave up on street tuning/racing with my low 10 second combo years ago after a close call.

I have alot of respect for the amount of time and money i have invested in this and to "thrash her" is not an option.
You have to understand what drag racing is all about with this type of vehicle, you need an enclosed trailer, a spot to keep your trailer, a reliable tow vehicle, race fuel, and alot of time/money.

Anyway from your responce, this is clearly not a car you would be suited for.

:sw:
Mike, good luck with the sale. By the way.....I have gone through this BS and I DO know what it takes. Yes bro there are others.......drop the ego

·
Registered
947 Posts
sale...

Just saw this ad is the car still for sale? if so, please send me some photos to
[email protected] thanks, Carmelo

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike, good luck with the sale. By the way.....I have gone through this BS and I DO know what it takes. Yes bro there are others.......drop the ego
WTF is it with some "buick guys", always wanting a pissing contest on here.......
Anyways, back on track.......
Thanks for the comments BigMike,Mike/Ron, and Norbs.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have owned the car for over 19 years now!
Here are some pictures.:6:

Attachments

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Very Clean!! :yup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Very nice Mike good luck in sale.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Stage II

$32500.00
:crazy:
Sorry to say Mike But you will have a better shot selling it south of the border,Its one killer car! Good luck Mike on the sale.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to say Mike But you will have a better shot selling it south of the border,Its one killer car! Good luck Mike on the sale.:cheers:
Thanks Dan.
Looks like i might have to get back into race mode again, i've given the guys around here enough years to try and catch up!:yup:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I am the 2nd owner and the car started life as a 87 Turbo T Limited in black.
One of 226 limiteds built in black, however i changed the seats, door panels and chrome trim so it looks exactly like a GN however it can be changed back easy enough.
I have the original bill of sale for the car when purchased from the dealer and pictures of the car in it's original state incase the new owner wants to convert it back.
Buick Motorsports 4.5L 272ci, block is mint, all polished inside and never been hurt.
Crank is std/std Crower Billet, never been hurt.
Crower Billet rods mint condition.
Stage II Aluminium heads full port/polish. with top of the line valve springs,titanium retains, spring cups, titanium valves etc.
Jesel roller rockers.
Solid roller cam custom grind from Dan Strezo at DLS.
Stage II front Cover with MSD crank trigger and distributor.
GT88 T6 turbo.
Custom headers/5" downpipe made by Cooks and thermal coated locally (coating was $900. alone).
F.A.S.T XFI tuned by Cal Hartline.
F.A.S.T DASH
F.A.S.T EGT, 6 probes.
Innovative Boost Controller.
Dual 3" exhaust.
Centerline Convo pros with new rubber.
Aerospace brakes all 4 corners.
Mark Williams built custom 8.5 GM rear end, 35 spline axles/spool etc.
Lonnie Dyers Stage 3 Turbo 400.
Billet bolt together Neil ChanceTorque converter (DLS specs)
RJC Racing there biggest race intercooler.
6 point Chromoly roll bar.
3 stage belt drive oil pump built by Dan at DLS
Wilson Manifolds stage II full port/polish intake.
90mm Throttle body/doghouse.
Interior is from a 20,000km GN and is in near mint condition.
Paint is an 8/10.
Weldon 2015 fuel pump with fuel cell and battery in the trunk.
Heater/AC delete.
Custom HD driveshaft.
New street tires all around.
160lb injectors.
Turbonetics new gen wastegate.
Custom JE pistons from Dan at DLS with coated skirts/domes.
Custom wrist pins.
Heavy Duty Valve train, Titanium valves/retainers,triple springs,spring cups and custom pushrods.
TRZ Motorsports front control arms
QA1 shocks.
Wolfe anti sway bar.
Metco upper/lower control arms.
Frame notched.
Everything is new/mint condition, no shortcuts,no used up cheap parts.
Sheetmetal oil pan.
No expense spared!
Dan Strezo and Ken Duttweiler helped with the build.
Took 6 years and alot of $$$ to build, never seen the track and never seen more then 5psi boost.
Only been on the street a couple times with the car wash and gas station being the furthest i have takin it.
This is more of a race car then a street car, however it can be made into a hot street car but not a daily driver..
I have way more into it, and this is a huge undertaking to build from scratch.
Motor/trans are sound, no problems/issues what so ever.
Car is rust free, lower door panels had chrome originally which was takin off and the holes for the panel attachments were filled/prepped/painted.
Car was painted 10 years ago, no rust.

I may also consider a trade plus cash for a nice near stock or stock Turbo T

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.