Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn on the TV show Master of Champions on ABC. There are two guys with G-bodies attempting to set some records. One is 84 NA Regal hopper with hydraulics trying to set the altitude record. They also jumped the rope with it. Pretty trick IMO. The other is a 85 Cutlass with air bags trying to set another altitude record. Got up to 6'.1" as I am writing this.

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
I watched that it was pretty interesting to see a car jump 10 feet straight up, that was 10 ft measured from the roof he was trying to get it 10 ft measued from the bottom of the frame. :headbang:

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What killed me was the suspension buckleing under the Cutlass. I thought it was funny how they erected a fence around the stage to keep the parts from flying out and killing somebody. I thought that Cutlass was going to flip over on the first jump. Hey that would have been a trick in itself. Make a car do a back flip. I really liked the way the Regal was done up. It wasn't all chico ghetto'd up in true lowrider fashion. I liked the checkerboard taxi stripes down the side. I may use that idea on one of my next projects. Maybe somebody TiVo'd it. You know those cars were flying when the frame rails were at eye level.To bad they lost out to the guy who sliced the fruit and veggies in half with playing cards. Who needs those kung fu stars. Just whip out the playing cards and take their eyes out.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
I so wish I could see what you guys are talking about. I don't have TV right now. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts