Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dusted off and went thru an old container of stuff - memorabilia - I have from my parents that I haven't looked at in about 10 years. This is stuff that spans from the 20s when they were born, the 40s when my father was serving during WWII and when they got married, letters from me they kept while I was away in the military, up to the point when they passed away. Pretty cool to look back.

Found the attached from when my father was Parts Manager at Gaylin Buick in Union, NJ. He was there from '77 or so till '87-'88. I remember asking if I could 'borrow' a GN when I came home in '86 for Xmas leave. I think the answer was no. :) And yes...it's a lighter on the left. They were important back then..cuz people smoked. :D

Attachments

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Cool Stuff, Dan :cool:

I suppose there are a lot less Buick [not to mention Pontiac & Olds :rolleyes:] dealers vs. back in the 80s...

·
Back in Black!
223 Posts
Cool stuff...I have similar stuff for VW as my dad worked at various area dealerships in the 60's and 70s.

I did pick this up at a garage sale in L.A. about 15 years ago...appears to be have never been used:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My FIL worked at Buick22 in Scotch Plains during that same time frame. I'll bet they did business together...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.