Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please help me out. why dont i have heat?!?!?!?! ac. works perfect but no heat its real cold and i cant get a winter calr this year someone help! it blows out cool air when i'm not moving and cold while driving.

------------------
Rob
87 GN fully loaded with 84k :(
TA49
Ultra Flow exhaust
Cold air induction
3" DP
T-Link comming soon :)
shooting for low 13's high 12's

·
Registered
743 Posts
Have you checked your heater core? It may need to be replaced. Or your system could be plugged. I would start there.

·
140 Posts
Have you checked to see if the heater water valve is functioning okay, does the little arm move up and down with the vacuum? Might also be that the heater water valve is plugged up with rust and junk.

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
You might want to consider the heater core as well...mine went out this summer (don't ask me why I used my heat in the summer, it's Indiana) and noticed my windows fogged up with coolant residue and saw coolant leak beneath the dash on the floor...replaced heater core and all is well in Buick land again

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/d0n_3d/

1987 Buick Grand National - 75,000 miles, basic bolt on upgrades

"Have U Been Beat...By A Grand National Lately?" <--many have been

Note to all Ford/Chevy/Import owners: BUICK OWNZ J00;)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
You mat have knocked off the vacuum line off the heater valve when you changed your plugs.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm kinda leaning towards the heater core is pluged up due to the fact that there is no fog on the windows. it really sucks with no heat!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by firebird_1252:
i'm kinda leaning towards the heater core is pluged up due to the fact that there is no fog on the windows. it really sucks with no heat!
If its stopped up & your sure control valve is working" when the heat is on are both heater hoses hot coming from the firewall or the same temp? Could be the thermostate if there the same temp? 160 thermos in cold weather dont supply a lot of heat' at least mine dont! If one side is hot & the other is cold than heater control is bad or core is stopped up.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what valve?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
The valve is in one of the heater hoses on the pass. side of the firewall. The valve is either metal (cad. color) or black plastic (discount replacement part.) If it is metal then, when closed (arm is down, control on cool) no heat. When the HVAC control is on hot, the arm on the valve should be fully extended. Mine was stuck, and I took it off and cleaned the ball valve inside, now there is heat.

Mike

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it kinda looks like a pvc valve?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
By the way, 'Boid, my son just called me. He was out in the 9C1. He turned on the heater and the heat gauge started going up and he smelled water. I just went and clamped off the heater hose because the heater core blew out and was dumping water like mad. Now I know where that very small water leak is....cept it ain't small anymore...

Just look at the heater hoses by the firewall and see the valve in one...has a vacuum hose going to it. One of those little bitty hose that like to break when you bend them.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I asked him what he was going to do when I moved....

My daughter came down for the week end...she went back to Dallas yesterday afternoon and on the way to the airport....a minivan driving taxicabber rammed her Durango from the rear. Totalled the minivan....apparently her trailer hitch forced the minivan under her car....rear bumper and fillers are messed up...and she has a killer neck ache...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nech aches suck

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Steve" I Hope shes ok! But I do see $$$$$$.

Boid" boid' boid" Your not allowed to give out no more tech advice "scratch that" No advice period" till you know what a heater control valve is!

A basic's test for you is coming soon so be ready!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ahhhhh not another test

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts