Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Shifter plunger Rod (white) has broken. Is this common? Where can I get a replacement? How difficult is it to repair :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not sure if I know what you are talking about but Poston's has all of the parts for the shifter and really cheap too. I haven't used any of this stuff so don't know the quality., but the price is right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
oh, the plunger. Yeah, i think it is a comman problem--mine has been broken for like two years.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Do you mean the little white tip inside the chrome part of the shifter? If so, how is it broken?
If your shifters not making you use the button, have you made sure the spring is still in place under the shifter plate?

Earl

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My white button,is stuck in the depressed position and if I am not careful the car will jump out of park and it to reverse,emergency brake is my best freind yup

·
Registered
309 Posts
You need to check the spring as someone mentioned and also check the J-shaped metal piece at the end of the shifter rod...if it gets bent it wil cause the white plastic piece to jam...remove the shifter plate then remove the black plastic piece for the gear indicator then remove the ribbed piece with the hole that goes over the shifter rod ...you should then be able to see the bottom of the shifter...check to see of the spring is in
place...check the J-shaped piece...just had this happen...too many times slammming the shifter into gear with the transbrake...I took some pliers and straightened the "J" piece...works OK now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts