Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in my searches for my engine noise that my alternator bracket is cracked from the tie down strap. Can this be a cause for strange almost like valve train noise? Right now I'm going through many stages with my TR and I've replaced all the check valves as well as PCV and EGR block off. I'm starting to wonder if all my cars strange noises started after the bracket snapped.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
HiJustin,

It very well could be a contributing factor to making some noise...either way it's no good . Better replace it with a good one.
While you're at it.....why not install a pair of HR PartsNstuff Poly motor mounts & be done with a tie down strap forever.

dave

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HiJustin,

It very well could be a contributing factor to making some noise...either way it's no good . Better replace it with a good one.
While you're at it.....why not install a pair of HR PartsNstuff Poly motor mounts & be done with a tie down strap forever.

dave
Yes this winter I'm pulling the motor the plan was poly mounts as well as that RJC rear engine brace to really give the extra strength.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts