me to :yup: the wheel is round ..don't have to reinvent it :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MR Buick said:
I'm too cheap to try those.I like AC Delcos for under $2 a piece. :sw:
--------------------------
I might be able to beat that statement. I am still running the original plugs that came in the car.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grumpy said:
me to :yup: the wheel is round ..don't have to reinvent it :rolleyes: :D
-----------------------------
Dan: Did you ever try "Splitfire" plugs when they came out??

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
Gary Wells said:
-----------------------------
Dan: Did you ever try "Splitfire" plugs when they came out??
I hate to butt in but I tried Slpitfires and was lucky I had no issues.I also tried Bosch Platinum +4s and melted a piston when it detonated. :rant:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I tried the aircraft plugs they used to advertise in the papers on Sunday in a '56 Dodge. Apparently they were built about as well as the Splitfires and other miracle plugs that show up today as they worked well until we had a heavy dew and the car would not fire. Sure glad I did not throw the old plugs away.

I guess there will always be a new sparkplug out there for those that read ads and not performance. :dunno: :)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fwiw, I never tried neither one nor do I intend to. Just curious. The "other board" has a discussion going on regarding the Brisk plugs. I don't like to reinvent the wheel either. Of course, putting rubber tires on em and filling those tires with air, that was an improvement.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
damn, You are up to date! :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Steve Wood said:
damn, You are up to date! :D
------------------------------
Steve: I am so old that I remember when Splitfire plugs first came out they had you send in your old plugs and then they modified them into the "Splitfire configuration" and returned them to you. I would assume that this was done due to lack of funds to have special plugs made to their configuartion, or they wanted to make sure that they were going to sell before making any major business expenses.
Remember the adjustable in-line fuel pressure regulator they sold back in the late '60's early '70's. Glass cylinder & chrome plated ends.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Gary Wells said:
--------------------------
I might be able to beat that statement. I am still running the original plugs that came in the car.
A little of the topic but here is a little bit of trivia for you since we're on the subject of OEM parts. Did you know that AC changed the appearance of their plugs in the late 80's. The original plugs should have the green rings on the insulator. After 88 or so AC went to all white.

The next time you go to an auction and see a GNX with low miles and all original check the plugs to see if they are also original.

Thats always been a pet peeve of mine. Seeing a low mileage gem that doesn't have a Delco battery,AC oil and air filters and green stripe plugs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts