Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
What they changed names a again?

Used to be nyquist and I forget what they were before that.

AJ___

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
They are the distributor . they dont produce the plug from my understanding . :)
Who is a distributor?

If you are talking about nyquist, was their name a while ago as well as a few other names; Bosch make them.

Now I could be wrong and it could be someone in china making them now.

AJ___

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who is a distributor?

If you are talking about nyquist, was their name a while ago as well as a few other names; Bosch make them.

Now I could be wrong and it could be someone in china making them now.

AJ___
Nyquist is the distributor..they are made in the Czech Republic and i think Germany. they get really good reviews . have you tried them ?

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I have a set, but my car a pathetic dyno queen , so I can;t say they are good or bad. I plan to stay with NGK plugs, resistor. Non resistor plugs are great for spark, but I only get about 100 miles out of them before they are worn to nothing. So resistor is good for the street.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have a set, but my car a pathetic dyno queen , so I can;t say they are good or bad. I plan to stay with NGK plugs, resistor. Non resistor plugs are great for spark, but I only get about 100 miles out of them before they are worn to nothing. So resistor is good for the street.
well knowing you....there must of been a reason you wanted to try them .and plunk down that kind of cash for them . :D :) If I can cross reference them to the plug I need , I'll give them a try for my TT sbc . The turbo plug design looks very interesting .

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Nyquist is the distributor..they are made in the Czech Republic and i think Germany. they get really good reviews . have you tried them ?
Interesting , they are made by Bosch . . . maybe Bosch sold them?

As far as their current name I do not know other than Brisk.

Yes I have tested them, they would break down under high voltage. But most of them do.

Just a note when the guys running top fuel use Autolite AR and TP plugs what does that tell you?

I also had issues with NGK porcelain cracks, but there are people that swear by them. There are pics of those plugs on one of the boards either here or on T6P. I have had issues with AC Delo with the porcelain coming loose at the metal crimp. That took a while to figure out what the heck was going on. Compression change and fueling issue. Plugs looked typically fine. The whole lot I had was like that.

Anyway you need is a plug that works in you engine with it's setup hot or cold. And you are happy with.

AJ___

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Whats the price per plug? I'm using the NGK this summer but I still trust the AC Delco line for $3 a plug. If I ever put the spare engine together I'm using the NGK for aluminum heads since a few guys "over there" reccomend them.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
iirc ~30 for the gor or df

AJ___

1 - 12 of 12 Posts