Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I read the thread on the VW site. Is this group deal just for wheels at this time? Is there going to be a group deal for other items or other services? I thought that there was something happening with some exhaust parts getting ceramic coated. Just curious.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reminder. I read the thread on the VW site. Is this group deal just for wheels at this time? Is there going to be a group deal for other items or other services? I thought that there was something happening with some exhaust parts getting ceramic coated. Just curious.
You guys just get all your stuff together and we'll come up with a meet date at Brightside . the more stuff...the better the deal for everyone regardless of what you want done . :) Mike at Brightside joined the board in hopes of answering any questions . but..for some odd reason the admin will not let him post.if you want mikes number to ask any questions or have any concerns . pm me and i will give it to you .it was brought to my attention by another board member that there was something wrong with Brightsides phone number on their web site .

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
You guys just get all your stuff together and we'll come up with a meet date at Brightside . the more stuff...the better the deal for everyone regardless of what you want done . :) Mike at Brightside joined the board in hopes of answering any questions . but..for some odd reason the admin will not let him post.if you want mikes number to ask any questions or have any concerns . pm me and i will give it to you .it was brought to my attention by another board member that there was something wrong with Brightsides phone number on their web site .
Why not just post the number here, that would make more sense.

AJ___

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Tim,

I've now got all my under the hood stuff + a new deep aluminum Hughes transmission pan rounded up that I would like black powder coated. I'd like the same black ( 55% semi-gloss ) as my other parts that Mike did. (He did a bunch of stuff for both you and me last time together .....it's the same shade / coating as you had done on your radiator top cover).
Let me know when you want to meet up or I can drop this stuff off at either Brightside or with you.

thanks

dave

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike/Brightside (this is the number he requested that I post ) - (416) 570-8893

Lets make Sat morning 10am Jan 26 meet and drop off day at Brightside . That gives you guys that are actually interested more than enough time to get it together . I'll touch base with Mike as the date gets closer , so he will be able to accommodate you guys on that date . he is most likely reading this post anyways . lol :)

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Tim,

I've now got all my under the hood stuff + a new deep aluminum Hughes transmission pan rounded up that I would like black powder coated. I'd like the same black ( 55% semi-gloss ) as my other parts that Mike did. (He did a bunch of stuff for both you and me last time together .....it's the same shade / coating as you had done on your radiator top cover).
Let me know when you want to meet up or I can drop this stuff off at either Brightside or with you.

thanks

dave
Dave..from what i remember . i think they refer to it as their OEM black coating at brightside .

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Tim,

Sorry, but we have an appointment with the Vet on Saturday Jan 26th @ 10am in Oakville. We have a new puppy (8 weeks old) and she is due for her 2nd set of shots on the 26th am. Can I drop off my stuff prior? Either at Brightside or with you?

Here's a couple of pictures of "Maddie". She's a mix of Black Labrador Retreiver / German Shorthair Pointer.

Pls let me know what works best.

thx

dave

Attachments

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Tim,

Sorry, but we have an appointment with the Vet on Saturday Jan 26th @ 10am in Oakville. We have a new puppy (8 weeks old) and she is due for her 2nd set of shots on the 26th am. Can I drop off my stuff prior? Either at Brightside or with you?

Here's a couple of pictures of "Maddie". She's a mix of Black Labrador Retreiver / German Shorthair Pointer.

Pls let me know what works best.
I
thx

dave
anything for a puppy . :) just let me know what works for you..im easy .

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Im not sure if he would want his personal cell number posted online . Let me ask him .
That was never my intention.

The bus number is what I meant and thanks for the post.

AJ___

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Birghtside Coatings

no problem . it was the only number I had . I just wanted to get his permission before I posted it online . :)

Hey Tim,

Sent you a PM

dave

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Brightside Custom Coatings

Dropped of my "Stuff" today at Brightside. :D

Mike is hoping to have these done for next Saturday,
so if anyone in the group wants to see what a great job he does,
they can see some :6: Buick parts done for themselves !:wink:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So is the group dropoff still on for next Saturday Jan. 26? I'm trying to get some pieces ready to be done.
Ya...just show up at brightside on sat . i'll confirm with mike that he'll be there . :) he's usually there 9-5 on saturdays .is that ok ? remember the shop is at the rear of the building north/east corner . :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
So they're in the back of the same building as Mister Transmission just south of the railway underpass on Brock Street in Whitby, correct? Is there any particular time that people will be meeting there? Thanks very much.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So they're in the back of the same building as Mister Transmission just south of the railway underpass on Brock Street in Whitby, correct? Is there any particular time that people will be meeting there? Thanks very much.
yep...not sure if its still Mister Transmission . never really paid attention . I know it's some type of repair garage . well..from the looks of things it seems like you maybe the only person getting stuff done other than dave (1kwiksix) .Im sure Mike will still give you a GREAT deal... as he usually does . so....I guess seeing it's just yourself , you can drop in anytime between 9-5 when Mike or his partner will be there . Let me know aprox what time you plan on showing up . I'll try to be there to say hi and take a look at your stuff . you will not be disappointed in the quality of work they do . :) Mikes a engineer and his partner is a aviation machinist .....VERY anal and down to earth straight up . :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yup, Brightside is in the North East corner of the building and would be directly behind the place with the Mr. Transmisison sign out the front.

I have a busy weekend at home, but am hoping to hear from Mike this week confirming that my parts are ready for pick up Saturday morning. If so, I'm aiming to be there for 9am.

Hope to see you guys there?

dave

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks Tim. If Mike or his partner are going to be there all day, I'll probably drop my stuff off as I'm heading in to work-say 12:30 to 1:00PM. Just trying to finish some prep work on a couple of pieces before Sat. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts