Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basic info on the set up is : stock block (30 over), crank, rods and forged pistons. heads are stock but fully ported and flow very nice. stock intake and doghouse/TB. brand new moto 65#'s, new walbro in the tank and a hotwire kit. PT66 with an external racegate setup tuner style at 15psi, 3" DP and 3" single shot system. PT FMIC, the big one, with 3" tubes. LT1 MAF with translator. TPS is set correctly and FP is set at 45 with the vacuum off. Like the title says the motor is breaking up over 5k rpm and I'm not sure where to look for a solution. My one idea is my chip, it is burned with alky in mind but I don't have it on the car yet, could the problem be the chip or should I look elsewhere? letr me know if anymore info is needed for a diagnosis and I'll post it up, thanks to all the gurus in advance =)

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Stock cam and springs?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah cam is a 212/212 with upgraded springs, our heads guy doesn't scrimp so they are high quality pieces no doubt. Just been informed that Eric's alky chip is waaaaaaaaaaay different than non-alky so that's probably my problem, thanks Jbenn911!

·
dismember
293 Posts
Yeah, timing is a lot higher in Eric's chips w/alky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts