Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the procedure for checking of proper operation of the brake pressure switch?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can check it with an ohmmeter. All the terminals should have continuity with each other. Don't forget to de-pressurize the brake system first ( pump pedal at least 10 times ). Also it would be worth it to unplug the connector to the pump motor along with the pressure switch connector while checking this. HTH.......Ken

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok my pressure switch has been leaking recently. Could it be the o-ring or the switch? Can I take that hex shaped silver nut out to check the o-ring?

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by smokin6:
ok my pressure switch has been leaking recently. Could it be the o-ring or the switch? Can I take that hex shaped silver nut out to check the o-ring?
What color is it? I believe the black switches have been superceded to a gray switch in a GM Campaign. I might have the color wrong, but you might have the defective switch. I cant go outside and look, I got vacuum brakes now :)

------------------
Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My new Powercrapster came with the grey switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts