Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gas station and started the car up and pushed in the brake pedal and the rear driver side passenger brake line burst. I managed to get it back to work and replace the line. I push the brake pedal in and the next brake line (before rubber line w/ T) blows. So I crimp it off with a set of vice grips and rely on front brakes to get me home. I replaced all of the lines in the rear and i can't get any pedal. Sinks right to the floor. I have bled them over and over again. Here is the weird thing. I can pump the pedal several fast 1/4 pumps and I can get a hard pedal and then give it a good press and it will sink right to the floor. Now sometimes it will blow brake fluid out the right side of the resevoir cap. I do have a seal in there but it blows right through and shoots out all over the motor. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I believe the m/c has a bad valve in it when it blows out like that. A search will probably confirm that. It is not replaceable, and, a new m/c is called for. If you have a powermaster brake set up, however, you must not overfill the reservoir. I believe the instructions are written on the cap...

No matter what, it should not be popping lines unless they are rotten or rusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts