Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with my brake pedal. When i press on the brake pedal, the pedal wont release back, and the brakes stay on. I have a vacuum brake conversion, and have replaced the brake booster twice, replaced 2 master cylinders. I have also bled the brakes. My setup is billet alluminum vacuum block, 87 monte carlo dual diaphragm/master cylinder/brake pedal. I noticed with the new boosters that the pedal is not as far forward as it could be. I have lots of vacuum. For pedal feel, it starts off extremely firm then goes soft and then doesnt release back or takes a while to return. The brakes are dragging until the pedal returns. I am at a standstill since i cant even drive the car! I need help please!

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Loosen the M/C, slip a THIN ft end shim over each stud, tighten up. Try it again. If the booster ft pin is out of adj, it may be causing the M/C to fail to return, trapping fluid.
The M/C has the correct p rod cup in it, correct? Some cups are deeper/shallower than others.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feed back guys, turns out I'm just an idiot! I didn't get the pedal all the way back into the bracket, so the bolt was never threw it on the top of the pedal lmfao me and my gn are friends again

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
That's..

thanks for the feed back guys, turns out I'm just an idiot! I didn't get the pedal all the way back into the bracket, so the bolt was never threw it on the top of the pedal lmfao me and my gn are friends again
SCARY!:eek!:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.