Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta change my front pads soon & wondering what's recommended for a good replacement brake pad. Don't want alotta brake dust, but want some good performing pads for street use that perform well & are good quality & durable? :dunno:

Anyone have a suggestion?

thanks much

dave

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
Friend of mine is fleet manager for a construction company, all their vehicles run Raybestos Professional Series... and since he told me, so have I, been very pleased with them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey Dave. I can't recommend a specific brand, but if you're looking for something that's low dust, try looking at one of the newer ceramic type materials. They tend to run alot cleaner than the older semi-metallic & metallic pads. Good luck.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Pick up a set of Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Follow the break in procedure. No one makes more high speed stops than I do.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
At the rate that you swap/upgrade parts? - any old junky pads
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
At the rate that you swap/upgrade parts? - any old junky pads
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you're keeping score I'm on my 4th set of front brake pads this year.The car routinely runs 119 mph through the traps...and it's a handful at SMP to pull it down from speed. Dans witnessed me go past the turnoff road a couple of times. I've been beating on this engine for 3 years...and I have a date on the calendar circled to set it on kill and I'm gonna do it at my home track. I'll have the Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS pads on it. I've stopped at 121...but SW and I calculate it'll go 125 turned up.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
I was referring to the O.P. who does 250 Km's annually yet is beginning to compete with Just A Six for most parts/engine swapping hours.
:hail:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I was referring to the O.P. who does 250 Km's annually yet is beginning to compete with Just A Six for most parts/engine swapping hours.
:hail:

I'm retired but I bet his Used Pads are better than some new ones dollar for dollar! :wink: :wink:
I caught that one Dave!! :D

I also use the Hawk HPS & they work great at higher speeds but not the most quiet some days on the street in traffic. Overall still a good product & great for the track! :yup:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Brake dust is easier to clean up than saaaay your header panel after a collision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.