Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
www.MetcoMotorsports.com
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently installed a fully-detailed rear axle assembly and need to bleed the brakes. We'd prefer to do this without dripping fluid all over our shiny axle tubes.
Way back when, I had a brake bleeding tool that worked great. It was about the size and shape of a large allen wrench, with a female 5/16" on the short end to fit the GM bleeder screw. It had an O-ring inside and a nipple on the outside of the 90-degree bend to accept the fluid line connected to the container of brake fluid. Alas...this sweet tool was lost at some point and I can't find another.
Can anyone help me find a replacement?

Thanks very much,
Rick

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
when you go to advanced or autozone- right where the noid lights will be they will have 1 man brake bleeders- they come with tubes to fit over the bleeder and the cup

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Loosen the bleeder with a socket; it only needs to be finger tight to stop fluid flow. Then put a clear hose (easily found in plumbing at the hardware store) over the bleeder nipple and open/close with a twist of your fingers. Dangling the hose end in a water bottle is a virtually free one-man brake bleeder. You can make it fancy by drilling the lid for the hose but add a vent hole also; bleeding brakes can create a vacuum in there and it will gush out when the hose is removed. I know this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts