Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. Representing Western NY, specifically the Rochester area, as well as surrounding. Been around a buick my whole life and got the bud cause of my dad.

Just picked up my first buick last week with 32k miles on it for 12k. A deal i couldn't pass up. The exterior is in good condition. Could use a paint job and a few other things, bumper filler and a good buff. Here is why i also couldnt pass this up, the mod list.

- Precision TE-44 Tubro
- RJC Boost Controller
- TR Custom 3" Downpipe
- Turbo Tweak Chip 5.7 / 42lb injectors
- Hooker SuperComp Headers
- Pat's Torque Converter L/U 3000 Stall
- Holley Fuel Pump
- Racetronix Hot Wire Kit
- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- Flowmaster Dual Exhaust
- TR Customs Shorty Cold Air Kit
- Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Kirban Performance Pinion Snubber
- Vacuum Brake Conversion
- Autometer Boost and Oil pressure gauge in pillar pod
- Scanmaster (engine monitoring computer display)
- Pioneer CD player (power antenna works)

my future mods are gn1 performance exhaust, front mount intercooler, better headers and a paint job. Also my very next mod is Drag radials, cant seem to get enough traction with the mods, lets them lost in 1st and 2nd.

Been having some fun with it last week. Started a little oil leak after getting on it trying to pin point it out right now, looks like from the oil pump but drops from the trans pan becuase of the low spot. Suggestions?

Running 20psi of boost but turning it down to 18 becuase of the knock.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds like a great car! be careful at 18-20 psi without alky its a danger zone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks. I have the same size tire on a Convo Pro wheel, and I experience some rubbing on the frame when I turn. No damage, just annoying... Just may have to go back to the stock wheels as the backspace may be different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I have the same size tire on a Convo Pro wheel, and I experience some rubbing on the frame when I turn. No damage, just annoying... Just may have to go back to the stock wheels as the backspace may be different.
I was going to put spacers in 1/4inch thick for that reason also but they are to thick and i didnt want all the weight resting on the studs since the rim missed the hub with the spacers. i figured i would just use some washers instead. no rubbing issues just wanted the extra clearance just in case. I like the stock rim look for now but down the road will get different wheels and different tires. I just like the look now. maybe ill drop it a few years down the road if i get bored with the raked stance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you install the complete DSE "Speed Kit", or just the 2" drop front springs and shocks on all corners?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Did you install the complete DSE "Speed Kit", or just the 2" drop front springs and shocks on all corners?
I got a good deal from scot w. on turbobuick.com forum. I bought the DSE shocks and 2 inch drop springs front and rear from him. I bought the moog 5379 rear spring to fit the drag radial. Everything else is stock suspension wise. i might try to drop the rear 1 an inch later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts