Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boost guage was hooked up directly to my compressor housing when i first bought the car.i just hooked it up the right way so it reads boost/vaccum.before i did this it would read around 12psi.now it only gets to about 9psi...and thats almost to the floor.why is my boost so low?!?!?i hear about all these other people gettin 15-18psi easy.is my turbo shot?im eventually gonna get a 3000 stall convertor.will this help me build boost?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
What boost level is the chip suppose to give you? Do you have an adjustable wastegate? If so tigten it up to get some more boost. If not, it could be your wastegate soleniod, you know the little piece on on the passenger valve cover.

You could do a quick test and unplug the hose to the compressor, I believe and see if you get crazy boost, but be carefull, don't floor it. Just some thoughts! If all else fails, ask Steve!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I answered it last night when he asked the question in his other thread. Guess he did not like it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry steve.didnt see that u answered it.thanx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i have a bad wastegate solenoid.took the hose off and ran 15psi easy.not even 3/4 to the floor.i also have an exhaust leak on the drivers side that is gettin worse.either exhaust manifold or donut.....or both.probably losin a little power there

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yep, it sounds like it is not cycling and just staying closed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You cannot connect the boost gage in the solenoid circuit because it is bleeding off boost to control the action of the wastegate actuator. I have mine hooked directly into the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The other problem, Bass, is that boost at the turbo is not the same as boost in the plenum due to ic restriction and the piping in general.

That was one of the reasons that he suddenly had less boost than before. :) :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the guage T'd off of the i think 5th vac. line

1 - 9 of 9 Posts