Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a boost spike issue, set at 20 spikes to 25, very little spike at lower boost settings.. My search on the issue showed that having exhaust leaks pre turbo can cause the problem.

Can someone explain how this could cause a spike issue, wouldn't it just cause a slower spool lack of boost problem. Not doubting as I do have a crossover pipe issue. Just can't under stand how this could cause a spike problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
if you are adjusting the waste gate rod shorter, pre turbo exhaust leaks can cause you to have to adjust the rod shorter than would be necessary without the leaks. With the rod adjusted so short it limits the wastegate travel. That was the problem I encountered with my car.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have recently shortened the rod but only one full turn to get 15psi with the boost controller turned off. I'll also check the wastegate opperation.

This may have been an on going problem as its difficult to watch the boost gauge as the car is trying to swap lanes. :wink: Had a buddy go for a ride to watch gauges as I drove and found the issue.

I'll try backing it out and see how it reacts now that I have the pipes sealed up. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts