Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First problem was no spark, Well I replaced the module and coil, no spark! :rant: Guess what....blown fuse, swapped it out and she fired right up! :headbang: Test drive ...car flutters and boost spike after 10lbs of boost :rant: change out old fuel filter and brought my fuel pressure up to 45 at idle, car now runs good up to 14 lbs but after that she boost spike or flutters/hesitate. I tried dialing down the boost control to 0 and work it up slowly through several runs, for some reason dialed all the way down it still getting 12 lbs boost, I have alky control with chip for it but don't want to use it till I knows things are right. I don't know if this matters but it has copper plugs set at .45. My mods are 2800 stall, built transmission, shaved and ported heads, CTP60-1' turbo , 60lbs injectors , 340 Walbro hot wired, accufab pressure regulator, 3 in down pipe, turbonetics evolution waste gate, 212 212 cam, turbo tweak chip set for ALKY. I'm not sure how this stuff works all together...But I'm learning...I just got the car from a ladie who got it out of a divorse, been sitting for at least a year. Even came with laptop that plugs in to car...no clue what all the numbers mean yet but it has something to do with block learn multiplier and other readings, shows like a gauge cluster. I don't even know how fast this thing can get...can't get it past 12 to 14 lbs without choking,spiking, hesitating...look forward to using the methanol one day. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Found that the vacuum bus line on top of the manifold has lots of leaks....swelled up connections, not sure if that has anything to do with it but will tidy that up with some new rubber...to be continued also noticed car runs better when it was cold.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone no if I might be at my boost limit with my turbo setup on 93 octane...? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts