Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help!I have a te 45a and when I am at the track and do my 1st low boost pass to set my car up everthing is fine.When I start to increase the boost to 17 and take the dump off and do a pass everything is fine again.With the dump off and around 20 lbs of boost the car goes 11.88. at 117(best so far)but when I increase the boost to around 22-23 lbs it spikes to 30lbs and I get off the gas,( have c116 for gas and no knock).The turbo has a 1 1\8 hole in it from John Craig and it matched the THDP perfertly.There are no holes in the vac lines(I even changed them all)I have it hooked up tuner style(waste gate to the turbo)The wastegate came with the turbo so it should be a high boost wastegate.Should I add a spring to the wastegate to help it stay closed?Is the puck opening up at higher boost causing my boost gauge to show a false reading?Has anyone else had this problem?Do I go to a race gate set up?Please let me know,season is all most gone!
thanks
Mike

------------------
TE 45a C.A.S front mount,prec 9.5 3200stall 5 disk lockup t.c,75lbs inj,Red A double pumper,hot wire kit,volt booster,3.5mas translator plus 6.0,THDP,212-212 dutt cam,ported heads and intake,double roller chain,T&A valve covers,art carr deep tranny pan,trans done to 700 hp,scan master,direct scan,Eibach pro kit,Bilsteins shocks,polyurethane bushings body mounts and susp.GNX wheels,nice paint and all the gauges=4075lbb with me and big stereo

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Hey BigMike,

Call John Craig and double check if you have the heavy duty actuator with that turbo. If you do and he doesn't have any idea's for you, buy a Deltagate and mount it on your crossover. That will be the end of your boost creep problems, there are lots of guys running real fast with a setup like this (stock WG actuator and Deltagate).

Good luck,

Paul Beal
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
That is major creep. The only thing I can think of is that it is not a heavy duty actuator. When I got my new turbo, I wasn't sent a hd and it spikes but my problem was that there was no more spring tension in the actuator because I basically flattened the spring.

Anyways, if you figure it out, let us know. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to John Craig yesterday and he said see the # on the wastegate and call him back.He told me he was leaving and to talk another guy but he was not there either.John said to put the rod on the stock setting and buy a regulator from a fish tank store and adjust it through the wastegate and turbo and split t to the regulator.I bought a good adjustable from Princess auto with a gauge.Now I'm a little worried and try it tommorow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts