Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has used Kenne Bells boost a pump or boost a spark. When reading info on BaP it sounds good to have extra fuel available to meet WOT needs. I'm running a hot wired 307/36#inj. would this be over kill. The theory of fuel being heated while being recirculated makes sense. Unfortunately I'm using an adj. 233 and any adj. above 44-45 leans the car out, maybe I need to be thinking a better FPR (accufab?) 1st. I would think the 307 is adequate for my needs at this present time. WOT o2s 7.6 @ 42#s static 18#s boost/ WOT o2s 7.3-7.4 @ 44#s static 18#s boost. Backed the fpr back to 42#s as a safety margin even though I only got 2 degrees knock. We were using a OTC 2000 with the lower defaults. Would have thought o2s would have gone up not down. The adj. 233 is probably at it;s limit and is inadequate whatcha think? Also would the BaS be over kill or is the stock system adequate enough? Maybe I should get both that way I know my fuel system is able to handle fuel needs at WOT. Any advise would be much appreciated.THANKS!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Forget it. Just get enough pump to begin with, make sure it has adequate wiring and save the extra money for some real go fast goodies.

If you're lean then you need to increase the fuel delivery by either running higher base fuel pressure, more inj pw from the chip or more injector.

Todd

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gotta agree with Todd. Sounds like you already have enough fuel pump and voltage with the the existing system. E-mail Mark Martone and get one of his adjustable fuel pressure regulators. I think mine was $65 delivered. Works great! The stock one isn't really "adjustable." All you can do with the mod you've got is adjust the base fuel pressure, not the WOT fuel pressure. I know, I tried it too. I put a gauge on it, attached to the windshield. I could run the base fuel pressure way up, but WOT wouldn't go over 55 no matter what the base pressure was.

------------------
Keith
'87TR
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by kjhansen (edited December 18, 2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts