Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to buy new crank pulley bolts. Could someone tell me the right size? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
M8 x 1.25 x 16

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Boy that's confusing. Aren't the bolts that hold the IC fan and the bolts that hold the pulley to the crank the same bolts? I know there are 5/16 bolts that hold the timing blades on the crank, but are they considered pulley bolts? I thought the pulley was the part the belt went around. :confused:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Okay, I'm confused. What do you call the part of the crank that the belt goes around? Isn't that the crank pulley?

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
Okay, I'm confused. What do you call the part of the crank that the belt goes around? Isn't that the crank pulley?
You have a point Chris.The hub is held to the balancer w/ 5/16" bolts and the pully and intercooler fan are held to the hub with 8mm bolts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it. 5/16 x 1 " x 18 tpi. thanks!

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
Yes that would be the pulley. It is held onto the balancer with six 5/16" bolts. The IC fan is held onto the pulley with three M8 bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts