Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of replacing my mounts with the energy suspension kit. i just installed aftermarket headers and the drivers side header is hitting the knuckle on the steering wheel shaft. i was told by vendor that its due to bad mounts. what im wondering is how much(give or take) will new mounts raise the body. i know this depends on how bad they are to start with,my car is canadian has never been winter driven body dosn't appear to be sagging and only has 118000 kms on it. also how hard is it to do this i read on the fourm how to do it with jack stands but my buddy says he wouldn't do that because u can eff the body up i have acess to a hoist but have to pay for it. i managed to cut out the piece of header and re-weld it to give me about a 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch clearance wich helped (now i can turn the wheel with out rubbing) i havn't been able to take it out for drive yet but i still think its gonna hit when i get into the gas. any ways should i try to do the body mounts with jack stands or not, has anyone done this if so let me know how u made out

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also planning on replacing the body bushings.
From what I have seen you need to remove the rear bumper
to avoid damage to the fillers. Also, the power steering resevoir
needs to be unbolted. Spray all the body bushing bolts liberally
with a good penetrating oil (do this a couple of times) give it some
time before you try to remove them. Start at the rear of the car using a jack with a 2x4 piece of wood to slightly raise the body off the frame and remove the upper bushing. Insert new ones and repeat process moving forward.

Obliviously, its a good time to replace the lower bushings too.
I've seen some really good write ups on this. Do a search here and the other boards..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts