Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get the car together.Ths next step is body bushings.Where are they,how many are there,where do I get them and how hard are they to change? usa

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think p-s-t.com has a set for the gn. If anyone finds a better general place, e-mail me. I need a set for a 71 caprice 2 door.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Did the Energy suspension last year (whole car front to back) .Around three hours to do and they came with the missing one's(GNX) on the back .My car is a summer car and was easy to get the bolts out.Make sure you wear the saftey glasses!Summit Direct is where I bought them, car jacks,car stands and hard wood needed (lifting the car off the frame,front is a bit trickey)and a friend with air tools. :)

<small>[ March 25, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: BigMike ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
They go between the frame and the body with a matching bushing inside the frame that the bolt goes thru, then thru the frame, and finally thru the bushing that goes between the frame and body.

In other words, there are two bushings for each location.

Seems like there are seven pairs per side. Probably a diagram on gnttype.org.

Look under the frame and you will see an excess hole thru the bottom of the fram about every three feet.

Not that hard to do but a little tedious. Have to raise the body a bit to swap them. Worse part is cars from up North that have the bolts rusted solid and the nut inside the body breaks loose from the welds when you try to remove the bolts. I suggest an impact wrench to break them loose.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts