Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the track last weekend, running a 108 chip on 110 octane gas. I had no knock.

I am going to blame Jaspers Engines for this, the engine was installed by the previous owner. The most knock I have ever experienced is 11º. I think they installed the wrong gaskets. I wont be getting it apart for a few weeks to see for sure, but has anyone had a HG fail on a Jaspers motor?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its not like I was hitting 11º every time I put it in the kitchen, I mean one time. Other than that I had some while dialing in my alky system and thats it. Plus I have never tun more than 20psi in third.

Oh well thats racing, I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else. Zap did yours go like mine at zero knock, or did something fail i.e. your alcohol system?

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
I kept the T-Link hooked up for about a month after my 1st HG change to monitor knock. The most I ever saw was a little over 6 degrees, and that was while the engine was under load (40mph, give it the gas). Under dead stop "smash the gas and go" type of runs I had virtually no knock. That is why I was talking about the cumulative effect of small knock, but I really don't know, don't have proof or data to back that theory up. Some types of headgaskets will probably stand up to such knock better than others.

But to be honest, I didn't blow the gasket until I switched brands of gasoline, and I didn't have a scan tool hooked up at that time. I wouldn't put it past some gas stations to put a lower octane gas in where the good stuff is supposed to be.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My brother popped a gasket after running some juice.
He decided to give the copper HGs a try.
Well.
I own the car now and have not popped any yet and I do get some knock from time to time.
If you can spend the extra money for them.
I recommend using them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think he got them through summit or jegs. I thought I remember him saying about $60 a piece.
I will do a search right now through those companies and post back here with a answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts