1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K. here we go again. Maybe it is not a bleeder valve but a needle valve. A relatively small diameter opening the size of which can be adjusted. It will be exhausting to atmosphere.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought one from ATR years ago, brass and works well, but somewhat expensive. I put it in the console. You can also use an aquarium air valve. When I bought the car, it had one installed and bolted to the passenger valve cover.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
bass:
O.K. here we go again. Maybe it is not a bleeder valve but a needle valve. A relatively small diameter opening the size of which can be adjusted. It will be exhausting to atmosphere.
Rich! share your prescription! :D

It bleeds off boost enroute to the actuator! Just as the Grainger valve delays delivery of boost to the actuator. Together they are a bleedin' boost delay control system.... :D

Different applications require different names!

I guess we could call it a reliable manual boost controller that uses components originally designed for alternate applications?

I guess next we will want to call a home built frisbee, a paint can lid? Political correctness is just too much of an effort. I want an age exemption!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
A bleeder valve "bleeds" pressure. It is a controlled leak. A needle valve would be a good choice for a bleeder, because it can be easily adjusted, but any valve can be manually opened can be a bleeder valve.

In other words, a needle valve could be bleeder valve, but the reverse is not necessarily true.

No semantics involved. :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I hate it when people post things that cannot be argued about! :(

Aquarium valves work....that was the first iteration. But, they are a bit crude on adjustment and they don't stay set always.

I have a neat little block that I got off KB long ago that has a threaded hole in the side. Into this hole, one screws buttons. The buttons have small holes drilled thru them, and one is solid. By placing this in the wastegate solenoid line, or the line going to the Y from the compressor port, one could add boost in either one, or four, # increments to the boost programmed into the chip.

A fixed, but variable, bleeder, if you will.

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts