Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I rev my eng "hot or cold"I get this black smoke"Eng has less than 100mi. Fp is sat at 42 stat.Joe lub chip.FP to high?to low?

------------------
Keith Davis--Moneypit86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,Postons headers,T.C. Orange stripe conv.THDP,SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.
12.8 @ 102 is with stock setup no times for new setup yet.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Keith? got any scan info? blms/ints/maf at idle?

Sounds way rich but I doubt that 42 is too much for 50 injectors. Looked at the plugs? All black? one black?

what kinda chip?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I need to say this first"I have been running car in garage & not driving it latley because of the alt problem that has apparently fixed its self?Humidity is really high around here latley"75%-95% & water is coming out of tailpipes when first started.
Readings are with eng at 150 deg.:
AF 08
BLM 112"
INT 130
TPS 42
IAC 53
LB 52
Mal code 15 No code book so?no ck eng light?
Joe Lubrant chip "93"
A rich running eng worries me cause I have washed rings because of this before!

------------------
Keith Davis--Moneypit 86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & matched intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,CC 206-206 cam'Postons headers,Orange stripe conv.THDP,2 1/2 exhaust'Hooker comp. mufflers'SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That code may have been cause by me then when i was adjusting the cam sensor i did push it off the plug in!It does give readings on SM "20deg to high" but it does work"I could see it if it was reading really low tempatures.

------------------
Keith Davis--Moneypit 86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & matched intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,CC 206-206 cam'Postons headers,Orange stripe conv.THDP,2 1/2 exhaust'Hooker comp. mufflers'SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TTT

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Wait, rewind!

is it giving a code 15? That will make it run rich.

As noted:

CODE 15

Trouble Code 15 indicates that the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) is reporting abnormally low readings. CTS is used to control fuel mixture, timing, idle speed, TCC and EGR operation, among others. The thermistor used has a high resistance when cold, lowering as the coolant warms. This error then, indicates a very high resistance in the CTS circuit.

The conditions for setting this code are:

the coolant temperature reported is < -29 deg F (-34 deg C), and
the above condition is present for more than 4 seconds

NOTE: A default temperature of 111 deg F is used while the error is present.

Refer to the Code 14 description for typical sensor resistance values.

Typical causes for this code include:

1) Open circuit in CTS-ECM harness
2) Defective Coolant Temperature Sensor (resistance too high)
3) Open sensor ground circuit
4) Defective ECM

This will cause a rich mixture! Car thinks it is very cold and applies the "choke"

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
well, your responce (sic) was unclear as to whether you had cleared it or not or still had it. Just confirming that it will screw the car up....

I am beginning to think Texas should just allow me to run 1/4 mile at a time...otherwise I am usually distracted by lousy spellers...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve!Dude! You are really loosing it!Did you not see my responce to that? look up!I just never cleared the code.I appreciate your responce though!
Texas still lets you drive?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
well, your responce (sic) was unclear as to whether you had cleared it or not or still had it. Just confirming that it will screw the car up....

I am beginning to think Texas should just allow me to run 1/4 mile at a time...otherwise I am usually distracted by lousy spellers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts