Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So it is not often I hit WOT, but today I was driving around doing errands with my girlfriend when low and behold we found ourselves next to her boss in his 06 Corvette Conv...Well, needless to say we tangled. everytime I hit it there would be a big puff of black smoke behind me. This can't be the greatest thing in the world. How worried should I be? What is the cause? When he asked me I just told him it was oil getting by the turbo and is pretty normal. Was I right, or just blowing hot air up his ass? Also, I got a burnnig smell inside the car. I know my tires lost traction, but I'd figure that smell would be behind me, and not in the car. Any Ideas? The belt did not seem to be burning, but the smell did kind of smell like rubber, and it stayed in the car well after the tires spun. Also there was some serious heat comming from my wheel well when I parked the car shortly after (the kind of heat you can smell too). Front brakes are one week new, and I did jam them pretty hard but I'm not sure that would create that smell. Good news is that at 25lbs of boost with razors kit I did not get any knock. Bad news is that corvette is faster than I thought, but he does have serious money in it including spray (which he said he did not use). I bow to your collective automotive expertise. Also, scanmaster readings seem to be pretty much dead-on.

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
urntfstenuf said:
black smoke -it's running rich, smell don't know. somebody crapped:D what did it smell like?
Rich, Huh? What SM reading to I have to get to what #, and how?

·
Registered
948 Posts
ok re-read your sig. i run basically the same set up as yours, I look for sm to read any where from 750-780. what do you have the f/p set at? what do you have tt wot fueling set at?

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my SM readings are more like in the 800's...I'll get a more exact # when I get out of the house today. I'm not sure what my wot fueling is. How do I find out? My FP is set to 40 lbs (vac line off). My BL's are @ 127. The smell seemed like a burning rubber to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts