Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another problem my car has is that it runs warmer than I like. Around 180 or so cruising around, but in slow traffic or long lights it pushes 190 close to 200 sometimes. And living in Mississippi it will only get worse as summer approaches. My best friend is a Mustang guru and swears by Black Magic cooling fans. I am gonna get a more efficient radiator for sure, but I am wondering about that fan. I think its like $2oo or $250. Any of you guys run one, know about them, or have any other suggestions for keeping my car running cooler? All opinions welcome. TIA...Mark

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I kinda doubt that it puts out more than the factory fan....it gets confusing when comparing fans as they rate the outputs at different head pressures.

If you have an original radiator, the core is tired and inefficient as the bond between the fins and the tubes deteriorates.

I would consider a modern heavy duty three row core from Nick Micale (also sold by Tony Dequick and Kenny Holms) and check to be sure that the felt baffling that goes under the front of the radiator to the grill and up each side is still intact so the air has to move thru the radiator instead of taking the easy route around and below the radiator.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Steve I guess I will forget about the fan idea and concentrate on the radiator. How would I go about contacting one of these guys? Thanks again...Mark

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts