Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold the GN today.... I had the car for 15 years and had a ton of fun with it.... From performance mods and racing it to finally getting a beautiful paint job a few years ago, the car was pretty much just the way I always wanted it to be. But I guess I just lost interest in it and it's time for a change. I've wanted to go back to a big block Buick for a while now, so I'm gonna look for a 70-72 GS.

Although this forum is nothing like it used to be, the T.O. section has survived.... I've only met a few of you guys over the years, but feel like I know you all just from being on here. I'll keep checking in to see whats happening and maybe one day I'll make the 4 hour hike for a Timmies meet!

The new owner lives in Belleville and plans on running the car at Shannonville, so keep an eye out. I think he'd like to get to know you guys and learn about these cars at the same time, so if you see an 87 GN with the "So many Mustangs, So Little Time" decal on the back window, stop in and say hi. His name is Dan. I'm sure he'll be on here soon to introduce himself....

Take care guys, :cheers:
Dan

Attachments

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
A very sad day indeed, you will never be the same after............:(

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Dan,

Sorry to hear that you sold your car. Good luck with the search for a nice GS.

Take care and let us know what you buy next. :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I think there will be a 70s GS at BPG for sale. Look at the BPG forums or on facebook. Usually a few for sale down there! :yup:

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Good for you man. Can't believe it took so long for a sweet turn key car.

I'm sure the right car will come along. just take your time.

Turbo Buicks in Essex county are getting rarer so mine should bring more money. :rolleyes:

2000 views on Kijiji and 3 e-mails. :mad:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
seems a lot of guys that have had Turbo cars for a while are going old skool. I know a few guys including myself that sold and went to a 60's-70's Buick.

·
Registered
98 Posts
seems a lot of guys that have had Turbo cars for a while are going old skool. I know a few guys including myself that sold and went to a 60's-70's Buick.
I went the other way & sold my SS454 & SS396 cars to buy an 87 GN & 89TTA. Fuel was just getting rediculous for those cars.
Only problem with the 89TTA is that nobody seems to know what it is at car shows, just another GTA with a funny looking breather. :dunno:Had some clown ask me what kind of breather that was ( turbo) last night at a cruise night. :rolleyes:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Only problem with the 89TTA is that nobody seems to know what it is at car shows, just another GTA with a funny looking breather. :dunno:Had some clown ask me what kind of breather that was ( turbo) last night at a cruise night. :rolleyes:
While the TTA's where amazing cars, they have never been given the love that they deserved. Some Pontiac guys don't like them because they have a Buick engine and some Buick guys don't like them because they are Pontiacs. :confused:

Myself I love them for what they are, an amazing pony car powered by an amazing engine!! :yup:

I still remember being down in Atco, New Jersey back in 1989 at a MCR race and going to look at a new TTA at a local dealer, I cleaned him out of all of his factory brochures!! :D:D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I went the other way & sold my SS454 & SS396 cars to buy an 87 GN & 89TTA. Fuel was just getting rediculous for those cars.
That is the best part,silent and violant.My GN gets lots of attention but my Limited gets more respect.Those cheby guys have no idea what just spanked them:yup:It is just fun to be a sleeper:6:

Kevin

·
Registered
98 Posts
I look forward to seeing your 87 in the area. Hope you do not miss it too much. Funny thing about this area, before I moved last year I had to sell a few cars, just way too many toys, no garage built yet & stuff stored at friends. I offered my Southern 87 T-Top GN with only 31,000 miles on it for not a whole lot more than you were asking. All the responses I got were to offer less and they thought the car was overpriced. All of the cars I sold went out of the area, so it's nice to see one come back in. I'm thinking about selling my 89 TTA, but after even one day of dealing with people expecting a 10K deal on a 13,000 mile car it's enough to make me forget about it and plan something different for added storage space.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Can't believe you sold it. :dunno:

At least theres another Dan still driving a GN in Windsor :headbang:

Beautiful car - sad to see it go.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts