Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
How about a single or dual 340? How fast do you want to go, or how fast are you going now?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been running 12 flats with 20psi and 1.9x sixty foots. Car should go in the mid 11s and I'm hoping for low 11s. I just can't turn up the boost because it starts leaning out.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
What injectors are you running and are you sure that you don't have any kinks or obstructions in your fuel supply line? Also I assume that you have a clean fuel filter? A 307 should take you into the low 11's or very high 10's I would think.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
A 340 will take you high tens and at that point, I would go double pumpers.

gnttype has delivery curves to show difference between 307 and 349. Main advantage beyond a more efficient motor is that the 340 has a higher bypass pressure and you get more volume at higher pressures.

I suspect RA shims the bypass in the 340s as his pumps don't fall off very much, but, I think that leads to shorter pump life as they have to work a lot harder.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TWIN86GNS:
What injectors are you running and are you sure that you don't have any kinks or obstructions in your fuel supply line? Also I assume that you have a clean fuel filter? A 307 should take you into the low 11's or very high 10's I would think.
I have MSD50s, TE-44, V4, thpd, 16pos ME, hotwired 307, SMC alky(just installed) hoping it will help.

I change my fuel filter every spring. I ran 12.0 with 18psi last year and that was without the V4.

<small>[ August 18, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: forzfed ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Read? you should have used a picture. Maybe one of those European signs-picture of a sheep with a circle and a slash across it.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
How much of your offset do you have used up in the Max-Effort? You may just need to add in 8 or 10 numbers. I would check with Steve-O first but I am sure he may tell you to add plus put a fuel gauge under the wiper so you can see if the pressure is falling off at the top of third gear. HTH's.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was running over 100% DC. Car just seems to flow lots of air. The conditions at the local track are at below sea level some days. But like I said I think the SMC will help me out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts