Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to keep the stock rims on my car, so whats the biggest brake I can fit behind there? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The stock discs are 10-1/2", you can fit 12" with the "T" rims but don't think they fit the GN rims. When you look at the differend, remember that the discs don't get used all the way at the edge. The center of the pad on a 10-1/2" disc is actually only at about 7 or 8" (3-1/2 or 4" radius) The center of the pad on a 12" disc will be at about 4-1/4 to 4-3/4". The per cent change is bigger than you would think, just from looking at the 10-1/2 relative to 12. 18-20%, not 14%. For heat removal, the area of the disc is the limiting factor, and that is almost proportionaly to the square of the diameter, but unless you're going road racing, the heat build-up shouldn't be big concern.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. From what you are saying it doesn't sound like you think I should go with the 12's unless I am road racing? I want to go with the Caprice spindle set up cause I heard it is just better. I might get global wast control arms. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Thanks! powersix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.