Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so how is the weather holding out .. how is the turnout ?? last thing ..get some damm pics up :rant: :sw:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Dan,

I have spoke to numerous people this week from down there and from they have told me attendance in their opinion was down about 40% the first four days as compared to last year and prior years.

However on that events website it's been stated that the pits are packed and of course *** would have to say that and I am sure when the newsletter comes out it will be touted as the best ever.

If the reports of attendance being down are true one would think when the financial books are closed on the event it may not make money.

On the bright side from what I heard the weather has mostly been good, few spotty showers but most of the racing got in, which is good for the racers.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phatman said:
Not to change the subject, but how did you make out with the doctor Dan?

more needles to look forward to and a "plastic cast on the ankle for 4-6 weeks :rolleyes: If I were a horse they would shoot me :D :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Grumpy said:
more needles to look forward to and a "plastic cast on the ankle for 4-6 weeks :rolleyes: If I were a horse they would shoot me :D :yup:
They still might! :eek!: :wink: :D

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Maybe not a horse.. perhaps a donkey. Also known as an a$$. :D

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Yah, I spoke to a few people as well. Said it was quiet down there. Shame. I kinda figured the attendance would be down this year. Last year, there were a lot of people at BG.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow ...now I know who my friends are :rolleyes: :D :sw: :cheers:

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
I heard from a couple of friends that were there that the pits were just as full as last year, if not more.

See y'all at Indy.

-Banning.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Were any of the following there?

Local news people
GM trailer with the Blackhawk, 001 GNX or GSX.
HorsepowerTV
GM High-Tech or any other magazines.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Don't know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Buicksx2 said:

Local news people
HorsepowerTV
1 ) Not that I saw.

2 ) No

3 ) No

4 ) No

Definately down from past events, both in amount of people, and vendors.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Buicksx2 said:

Local news people
HorsepowerTV

You should have made the trip down Rich, you missed a good time but I can understand with all the prep to get ready for Norwalk, it is tough to make all the events.
I know the GM trailer was not there this year and I didnt see any magazine/TV people there but I could have missed them as busy as I was.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
You should have made the trip down Rich, you missed a good time but I can understand with all the prep to get ready for Norwalk, it is tough to make all the events.
I know the GM trailer was not there this year and I didnt see any magazine/TV people there but I could have missed them as busy as I was.

>>> Hi Bill,

Yeah we woulda had a good time hanging out with you and Jeff and Rome and Russ for sure but we are still thrashing to get the cars ready for Norwalk.....will it ever end?

It sure seems that the event wasn't what it was in years past, oh well maybe a new marketing direction is needed.

We'll have fun in Norwalk with you boys in 10 days or so.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Buicksx2 said:

Local news people
HorsepowerTV
Rick Jensen from GM Hi-Tech was there snapping pixs of TR's on Friday.

There was a guy holding a movie camera on Sat

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
Buicksx2 said:

Local news people
HorsepowerTV
i did see some news people there at various times,when i was down near red armstrongs pit area a local news woman got to ride shotgun in a tr that made a full pass down the track,went pretty good but didn't catch time.
i also was fortunate enough to be introduced to and end up spending thurs fri ans sat with allen liverman and his wife
had had a yellow tr running in the super16 class and while waiting with him in the staging lanes on sat, lassiter introduced him to a local news guy who was gonna take some footage and interveiw him later. thats all o know about that though...

other than that i didn't see:
GM trailer with the Blackhawk, 001 GNX or GSX,
HorsepowerTV,or
GM High-Tech or any other magazines
had a blast and bought a lot of parts down there
(gotta love not paying shipping on the heavy parts!!!)
-dan

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
northerngn said:
when i was down near red armstrongs pit area a local news woman got to ride shotgun in a tr that made a full pass down the track,went pretty good but didn't catch time.-dan
>>> I didn't realize that the NHRA was OK with giving passengers rides down the quarter mile at an event, track rental or not :dunno:

Oh it's the nats I forgot, different set of rules.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts