Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a set of gold GTA rims my brother gave me and was wondering what is the best way to prep them for paint and whats the best spray to use on them? I know i should have them professionally done to look really good, but they were free, so im going to try this first. any opinions appreicated

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Eastwood sells allot of nice preps and paints for rims might want to check them out. I'm having a set sandblasted, powder coated, and then the lip polished up like chrome. Doing that process will remove any nicks and dings along with any of the curb rash if they have any. Other then that it's a very time consuming job to do it yourself! :yup: :6:

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
One of those gloss black engine enamel spray paints will work great. The most time consuming part is cleaning all of the ribs and taping the silver aluminum part of the wheel off. Also, use that blue painters tape instead of the regular masking tape. Comes off much easier in one piece.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i spray painted my wheels on my cobra black since i plan on getting them poweder coated and plus i was bored one day. i used sand paper acetone and duplicolor wheel paint and clear i think it looks good for what it is most people think i bought them like that

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
One of those gloss black engine enamel spray paints will work great. The most time consuming part is cleaning all of the ribs and taping the silver aluminum part of the wheel off. Also, use that blue painters tape instead of the regular masking tape. Comes off much easier in one piece.
:yup:
I had gold GTA rims used VHT 500* engine paint.
Just take your time and clean them well before painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input guys...ive used the duplicolor wheel spaint before on ponies with the clear and they came out ok, but i havent seen it in black?? JIm, im in philly as well, where are you getting urs done and how much?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts