Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have the scanmaster on it's way along with some other goodies. I know the previous owner put some cheapo generic wires on the car so I'm assuming he also cheaped out on plugs. I haven't pulled them yet but what would be a good plug to run about 17-18lbs of boost, pump gas, green top injectors (38lb?), factory fuel pump? It also has a hesitation both at idle and under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well I have the scanmaster on it's way along with some other goodies. I know the previous owner put some cheapo generic wires on the car so I'm assuming he also cheaped out on plugs. I haven't pulled them yet but what would be a good plug to run about 17-18lbs of boost, pump gas, green top injectors (38lb?), factory fuel pump? It also has a hesitation both at idle and under hard acceleration.
Get a Walbro 340 with a Racetronix Hotwire kit. As for plugs AC Delcos are good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on doing this at some point soon, is that pump an in the tank pump or is it external and the hot wire kit, what exactly is that or how does it work? I haven't really researched it yet just kinda curious

·
Registered
783 Posts
I plan on doing this at some point soon, is that pump an in the tank pump or is it external and the hot wire kit, what exactly is that or how does it work? I haven't really researched it yet just kinda curious
It is an in tank pump and the "hotwire" is an upgraded harness that delivers power direct from the back of the alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts