Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to whats the best service manual to buy for 84-87..? And where to buy it........I bought a haynes from autozone what a useless book....I keep it buy the porceline throne not to read but a back up incase my butt paper starts to run low......And I was curious as to where the diagrams on steve woods page came from I would like that book aswell if its not outta print...Where do I find these treasures.......

Also an update on my budget t type build up for those who are intrested.....

I bought new oil pan gasket, rear main seal as well as valve cover gaskets...They are all rubber gaskets....I also am in the process of fabricating my own cold air intake....I went to autozone to price a k&n cone filter what a joke...They wanted like 50 bucks or something...I went on ebay and bought a hiper K&n clone filter for 19 bucks + shipping of 7 bucks what a better deal......I will tell you its quality when it gets here....My 800 dollar t type consists of a caspers 8 stage chip....Y pipe followed by duals over the rear axle....Not that cat back crap...I got two pipes two mufflers and no cats after the y pipe....Car will be real nice soon as I get the idle solved....Its going to a autoshop monday so I can use thier computer.......I also believe the car has a shift kit....It will break the tires loose in all gears not even under hard exceleration.....So hopefully I can get it running right and put a better turbo....I am not sure what else is done to the car...I bought it from a idiot who knew nothing about it....Oh yeah I picked up some bosch wires I ordered from autozone today what s nice set of wires for 35 bucks...They are 8mm and straight boots made to fit.....

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Factory service manual, Helms or Holms, something like that sells them. About $70 plus shipping covers all 86-87's.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Long ago, Conley used to sell copies of the wiring diagram section and a few other things.

Don't know if he does now or not.

I bought from Helms and spent a couple of days trying to sort the Regal stuff out from the 70 lbs of Buick stuff.

If I had know Salvage had one, I would have just pestered him every day.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
STEVE WOOD HAS A PAGE?????

Go to Autozone and get one of the Popular Mechanics CD Roms. You can print out what you need and take it with you when you work on the car. I have found them to be pretty darn good if not overly user friendly. The info is there, sometimes finding it takes a while.

[This message has been edited by Zap (edited July 21, 2001).]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
so that's what you hide in your comic books!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I am no congressman so I have no page. Unlike you, however, I do have a clue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Steve:

I too bought the Helms information. I know that it has all information for all Buicks, but is the supplemental information that they include separately supposed to be inserted into the manual in place of the information that is there? In other words, is the supplemental information more up-to-date than the information in the "regular" part of the manual. Give me a shout at [email protected]

Thanks

Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts