Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I think I'll upgrade the fuel pump and add the hotwire kit. Question is I've heard that the Walbro needs to be modified to fit the fuel tank. I've heard that Red Armstrong has a [email protected] fuel pump. Which do you guys recommend? Thanks... powersix

·
Occasional participant.
154 Posts
I put a Walbro 340 in my car last year. Pretty easy install. I'm not sure what modification you're talking about. The only thing I did was replace the pulsation dampener with a straight piece of fuel line. No big deal. I bought my pump and hot wire harness from Racetronix. Very complete and pretty easy to install. Don't know about Red's pump but I'm sure it's fine. A lot of people running both of the above mentioned pumps. Few complaints about either. :)

<small>[ March 31, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: granitestategn ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
reds pump is simply a Walbro...no mods required for anyone's pump as long as it is sold for a Buick.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What about in line pumps?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hot wire a 340, and you are good to go. :)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Rob_85GN:
Gents, I think I'll upgrade the fuel pump and add the hotwire kit. Question is I've heard that the Walbro needs to be modified to fit the fuel tank. I've heard that Red Armstrong has a [email protected] fuel pump. Which do you guys recommend? Thanks... powersix
The Walbro is a tad smaller in length than stock. Just put on the hose supplied to take care of that problem. DO NOT install the pulsator! Being a Hot Air car the plug in is different than the 86/87. You might have to splice on a connector or see if they might have an adapter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts