Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending as much time as I do under my car, I noticed that the front tires are getting a bit bald. What are the best front tires for a strictly street GN with stock rims?

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
I have on the 83 215/65/15 BFG Radial T/A's and work good on the street.
On the 86 I have Dunlap QT 235/60/15's all the way around..alittle taller.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I like Goodyears & as close to stock looking as possible!

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
BFG T/A 235/60-15's. Got those on the front, and Yokohama 255/60-15's out back. Handle great on the front IMO. :)

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
Goodyear Eagle Frontrunners

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
TA's are not very good, but, they are cheap...no comparison with a quality tire.

Really depends upon what you want from the tire. Long life, high quality handling, ride quality, rain performance, etc.

TireRack has user reviews of various tires.

Basically, the more you pay, the more likely that it will handle better.

:)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Basically, the more you pay, the more likely that it will handle better.
Yep.
I was short on funds and bought some Kumhos (sp?), one time. Geesh what garbage. Let the car sit for a few days, and it was like the days of cheap biased tires, waiting for the flat spots to go away.....

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
I got the Firestone Indy 500's and for the short time I had it on the road with the new tires it was great...they also got a good review...

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got 235 60 15 uniroyal tigerpaws. much better grip level than any tire ive had on it wsp the eagle GTII and anything firestone makes

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I like the Michelin Pilot 235/60/15's.

Work well in 3 season weather, never tried snow.

Handle well dry and rain, and are pretty hard for longer wearing, but I've only got about 8k on one set and 3k on the other set.

Ain't cheap either.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ill just say that i don't like BFG radial TAs, everybody runs them and i did as well. But after driving on them for years ive realised they wear out fast, don't hook well at all(rear tires here so this won't matter) and are just flat horrible in the rain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have no connection in any way to this place but check it out. I bought some Z rated Hankook 17 in. tires for my impala SS for $62.00 ea plus reasonable shipping. It was by far the cheapest place when I did my research and a large selection. They were shipped really quick (although the shipper left them at a house down the street from me). I wasn't crazy about buying a tire from asia but they were quite involved with racing programs. The actual tires are excellent handling wet or dry.. I have 16 in. wheels on my GN and at the time I went with Sumitomo or something like that-I have no complaints- they are Z rated also and perform well. They make huge clouds of tire smoke instantly when using the linelock-much quicker than the Dunlop qualifiers I had before and I suspect that is because they use a softer rubber compound. They wear well though. Anyway-check this place out. I was very happy with everything.
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/reifensucher.pl?ID=froogle&typ=D38314&Country=US

1 - 13 of 13 Posts