Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched this and other sites in hopes of settleling on the best bolt-on (without any modifications) radiator to replace the OEM unit in my car. Some guys like the f-body radiator but it requires an add-on oil cooler which I don't want. Is there anyone making a direct replacement (without any modifications) radiator for our cars?

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Alradco Radiator

How much was the radiator 1kwiksix?

Not 100% sure, but think it was just over $500. shipped to me in Niagara Falls, NY, from California. I ordered the rad with transmission & oil cooler built in, just like the factory unit. :)

Be sure to order a couple of bottles or RMI-25.....this stuff works great to keep your radiator clean + I found it helps to lower the coolant temps a few degrees to . I add 1 bottle to my coolant.....which is 50% antifreeze 50% water.

Peter at Alradco often has special deals on these. Have to check here

Made in the US OEM style Aluminum Radiators for the Turbo Buick Grand National

or give him a call. You will be very happy with this unit! Trust me!
:D
Dave

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Oil cooler isn't required. Do the FBody rad swap with twin fans.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
If you want factory look and money isn't an issue then go with the Alradco.

Me, I went with the F-body rad (I was somewhat skeptical about it) and I ditched the oil cooler. Most of us run a much cooler than stock thermostat so I figured I didn't need the oil cooler and I am VERY happy with my F-body rad.

Running with the AC on it keeps the temps nice and cool. :headbang:

Your choice, either way you will be happy and so will your car. :yup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
A lot of us do not use the oil cooler. Have had an F-body radiator for a few years and have never had temps above 173*.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts