Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the best method is for Air filtering. KB has the Ram Air, but also many run the big mouth that relocates the air filter under the car.

Can I get some feedback on which systems you guys use and what you like about them.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about the ram air systems? Anyone have one?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have the old Kenne-Bell ram air. I installed in back in 1989. It looks good but does squat. It also fits too tight on the filter and starves for air once you are a step up from stock. I cut off 3/4 of the filter housing so it can breathe and still get some fresh outside air. I also ran with and with out it at the track and there was no difference with the outside air. It was the hot item back then.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected]UL[email protected]</A>

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Kirban sells Pete Tompka's cold air kit. I have it in mine and have been very happy.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Originally posted by quick-6:
how about the ram air systems? Anyone have one?

Yes you $###*&!!! I told you the 14" ATR I have kicks the crap out of the Ram Air I have. Spool is much quicker on the ATR.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Relax Nicky nine doors.

I just wanted some more opinions...

yours is not the only one I would listen too. Besides ****** can kick Forzfeds butt anyday.

Just kidding,

Thanks guys that helps a couple of us out, as we are making the plunge soon for some parts. Just wish our dollar would continue to increase.

------------------
Jeff Brown
Founder
Manitoba Grand National Association
[email protected]

www.mgna.ca

86 GN Owned since 1990
Low 13's
87 T Package White and MINT !!!
Low 12's
Front mount and much much more.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Agreed. A 9" filter can be substandard even on our engines. The 14" is plenty. Chuck Leeper had a website that had a formula to use for calculating air filter requirements. I don't remember the site, but after reading it and doing the math, the 9" was just a notch undersized.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys that IS what I am looking for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts