Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the best method is for Air filtering. KB has the Ram Air, but also many run the big mouth that relocates the air filter under the car.

Can I get some feedback on which systems you guys use and what you like about them.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how about the ram air systems? Anyone have one?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have the old Kenne-Bell ram air. I installed in back in 1989. It looks good but does squat. It also fits too tight on the filter and starves for air once you are a step up from stock. I cut off 3/4 of the filter housing so it can breathe and still get some fresh outside air. I also ran with and with out it at the track and there was no difference with the outside air. It was the hot item back then.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Relax Nicky nine doors.

I just wanted some more opinions...

yours is not the only one I would listen too. Besides ****** can kick Forzfeds butt anyday.

Just kidding,

Thanks guys that helps a couple of us out, as we are making the plunge soon for some parts. Just wish our dollar would continue to increase.

------------------
Jeff Brown
Founder
Manitoba Grand National Association
[email protected]

www.mgna.ca

86 GN Owned since 1990
Low 13's
87 T Package White and MINT !!!
Low 12's
Front mount and much much more.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Stay away from the so called ram airs...think about it, how can you ram enough air to out do the turbo?

Just put the biggest possible filter in the coldest possible place you can access.

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Agreed. A 9" filter can be substandard even on our engines. The 14" is plenty. Chuck Leeper had a website that had a formula to use for calculating air filter requirements. I don't remember the site, but after reading it and doing the math, the 9" was just a notch undersized.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys that IS what I am looking for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.