Turbo Buick Forums banner

Which adhesive for center caps (GTA wheels)

• RTV

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Super Glue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epoxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer? I used the general epoxy crap today, didn't last 1 trip!!!! So now I'm running around with three center caps, until I feel like shelling out for a set of 4... :rant:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I don't use any :dunno:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whaaaaaaaaaaaa, the street conditions and integrity there must be exponentially superior to here?!?! :dunno: :headbang:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet!! Now I just need to find a junkyard in this boujie area... :yup:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Nero: When having this same problem with turboBuick t-type center caps due to broken tabs and or looseness of fitting, I found out that 1 or so layer(s) of electrical tape around the lugs, thereby shrinking the clearance between the outside of the tabs and the inside of the mating rim surface, will help retain them without breaking the lugs upon removal. Do not wrap too tight or that in itself will break lugs. I will probably have to do the same on my GTA new rims & center caps. Also, some reproduction manufacturers center GTA caps have more of a tendency to fall off than others. Kirban might also sell those wire frame retainers for the caps, don't remember. I hear that original caps do not fall off like some of the reproductions. HTH.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I use GM center caps...come drive the 1/4 mile to the highway and tell me it is smooth! :D

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
3m makes plastic and emblem adhesive Part # 08061 it is clear and was what I used on my TTA rims till I sold them...the key is to make sure it is cured before you subject it to axle/brake heat

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
silicone.. do them all the time for those wheels as well as aftermarket when the bolt holes break in the center cap..and if anyone has any t type centers for a good price, i would like a couple for backups.. would prefer used and i ll silicone them on as well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts