Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the dealership and was told the AC's condencer is discontinued. Went to NAPA but the pictures in their catalog show a different bend and size of the pipes that connect to the accumulator. Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Post for one in the Parts Section...there's a million of 'em out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are using R-12, the OEM-style condenser should have adequate cooling capacity.

With R-134A in the system, I would want more cooling at the condenser than the R-12 condenser can provide. You may have to get a universal style condenser to improve condenser cooling. I'm not sure if there are bolt-in condensers that provide better cooling than the OEM condenser. Please post if you find a bolt-in condenser that provides R-134A level cooling.

Parallel flow, maximum surface area, high fin count, high tube count, with adequate airflow across the condenser. Have a look at any OEM condenser on a newer vehicle.

Here is a site with universal condensers:
Unpainted Aluminum

Vintage air condensers:
http://www.vintageair.com/2012catalog/2012%20VintageAir%20Catalog%20Final%20WEB%20(Page%2076).pdf

·
HIGHWAY STARS
206 Posts
Tried the dealership and was told the AC's condencer is discontinued. Went to NAPA but the pictures in their catalog show a different bend and size of the pipes that connect to the accumulator. Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
If you are still looking for one, Highway Stars has them on the website.

Here is a direct link to the ACDelco: AC Condenser - ACDelco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts