Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been visiting the "other" boards and I have yet to to see any rave reviews about the GS Nats not even from the home site. Now granted I have not been a member in over 6 years and the last Event I attended was in Columbus where my 1st son was concieved so it has it's memories.. I used to meet a friend from High School there every year for 5 years prior and my girlfreind/wife would attend too it was a vacation...That event was one of the reason's I switched from Chevy to Buick because it was such a great Party hop-ing from parking lot to parking lot...hanging out at the Auto Parts across from the car wash talking to local law enforcement about infractions that might occur. What happened to the good old days before $$$ ruled..Have had this conversation before with others and am looking forward to some local events with others it is just sad reflecting on what used to be

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
I don't know about this year, but I went in 2005 and had a blast.... :dunno:

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
Sean, your 100% right. Its all about $$$$ :yup:. The fun has been taken outta that group for good :yup:.

Let's start our own NJ group :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Turnout was a little lower this year than in the past, but it was fun as always.

:dunno:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
jdodman said:
I don't know about this year, but I went in 2005 and had a blast.... :dunno:

Last year was a blast. I'm looking forward to BPG. Always a good time there and it seems to be about fun, not $$$

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
gbsean said:
.. I used to meet a friend from High School there every year for 5 years prior and my girlfreind/wife would attend too it was a vacation...

See!! That's what I'm talkin' about. The kinda fun where you can get your wife AND your girlfriend to attend!!! The fun is gone outta BG. :( :D

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
kenny said:
Turnout was a little lower this year than in the past, but it was fun as always.

:dunno:

Sorry I couldn't make it this year Kenny. Woulda helped y'all with the beer decorations of the hotel room!

·
8,392 Posts
gbsean said:
I have been visiting the "other" boards and I have yet to to see any rave reviews about the GS Nats not even from the home site.
there are other boards? :dunno: :D

I was at the Columbus GS NAts too. I wish they'd have there again -easier to get to than BG.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Gothmog said:
there are other boards? :dunno: :D

I was at the Columbus GS NAts too. I wish they'd have there again -easier to get to than BG.

May be easier, but the facilities, hotels and locations sucked IMO. But that's also where I wrecked my GN, so I'm not looking forward to going back there anyways.

·
Registered
243 Posts
gn85 said:
Sorry I couldn't make it this year Kenny. Woulda helped y'all with the beer decorations of the hotel room!
You going to Salem or Norwalk?

:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go to both. As a matter of fact throw in Indy and have a Buick blast. Top it off with the Cecil County meet and your year will be complete.

The BPG Nats at Salem has never been about money. Each year the BPG posts its payouts far in advance of event so that the racers know what is there for the taking. There are no membership requirements and the only thing the BPG wants is for everyone to have fun. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bg, Nats

We enjoyed bowling green run ever day and didnt break anything, and the track was sticky, JIM ROCK is my hero he made a easy pass with 10 lbs boost went 8,23 @171 and pulled the chute before he got to the finish line. and when he runs out of beer he drinks his race car fuel, :cheers:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
kenny said:
You going to Salem or Norwalk?

:cheers:

I'm going to make Salem this year. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things going on this year, so I'll only be able to make Salem. I should be at Cecil County too.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I look forward to seeing all of you guys in Salem again this year. This is always a very FUN event!! :cheers:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Haven't made the Nats since 2000 and I drove the '70 GS 455 up to Ohio in '99. What an adventure as I had starter heat soak every time I stopped for gas. Wife wore ear plugs to drown out the noise from the headers it had on it back then. The weather and scenery in Ohio sure looked alot like GA to me. I think gas prices have impacted the event recently for many.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
gbsean said:
I have been visiting the "other" boards and I have yet to to see any rave reviews about the GS Nats not even from the home site. Now granted I have not been a member in over 6 years and the last Event I attended was in Columbus where my 1st son was concieved so it has it's memories.. I used to meet a friend from High School there every year for 5 years prior and my girlfreind/wife would attend too it was a vacation...That event was one of the reason's I switched from Chevy to Buick because it was such a great Party hop-ing from parking lot to parking lot...hanging out at the Auto Parts across from the car wash talking to local law enforcement about infractions that might occur. What happened to the good old days before $$$ ruled..Have had this conversation before with others and am looking forward to some local events with others it is just sad reflecting on what used to be

>>> This was my 1st nat in 11 years.I will say that in 95 there were alot more cars but I had a Great time there this year.

I really am not to concered with the payout but they Ran a good Event & Ron made sure the track was prepped. I saw alot of People I haven't seen since BPG & that made it all worthwhile.

The powers that be run the event to make money, Theres nothing wrong with that, Yea the payouts were low, But you get a nice leather jacket if you win. We need to get past it & make 07 better.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Jim,

Was it a jacket like this:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
ULYCYC said:
More like this :crazy:

:D :D :D :D i just spit out my coffee awwing that. thanks for the good laugh in the morning :cheers:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts