Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been busy playing with my car lately. These are the bearings out of my 100 mile motor. It didnt hold up and now I think I need another crank. I do not know what caused this.

I guess I start over again.

Joe

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Can't see pics. Repost them, we would like to see......

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Joe, a machine shop should be able to mic your crank and tell you if you need a new one...No problem in turning the crank up to 30/30.

Is the old crank grooved badly?

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been having trouble posting pics lately, I can see them but nobody else can. Lets try it again.

The crank is junk, it was 20 on the rods now its out even at .040. The journal on the #1 rod on the crank was blue, somthing must have gotten really hot.

Joe

·
Registered
195 Posts
anything over 10/10 and you start to lose the rolled radius dont know how bad that would effect the strength of the crank I cut one 20/20 and lost some of the radius now its a door stop.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I have used a 10/30 with no problems. You would need to cut 40/40 to get into the fillet....it is way down there and at the throw edge. It looks like you lost oil pressure and it got hot. Maybe anti-freeze? If it darkened the caps you might as well toss them because they are ruined. If the block got hot enough it may be ruined too. Check for blackening!

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
"blackened.. is the.. end" headbang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts