Turbo Buick Forums banner

Bday present

669 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TRICKSIXPA 
#1 ·
Got a Bday present over the weekend courtesy of Shawn (aka TTA-343). The Doc was working on it today and sent me some spy pics.

Here's a better view from up top. :D

Didn't find the problem with my fuel pumps after an issue at the track rental. Plus found a bunch of crud in my fuel tank. And Shawn had a setup ready to drop in, sooooo...... No more worries about the second pump coming on. :D A 10 gallon fuel cell with an Aeromotive Eliminator pump. On Saturday we put fiberglass bumpers on with the Al supports. The fuel cell also saves weight and I'll be making passes with a lot less fuel in the tank saving even more weight. Its about 100lbs saved right off the bat and another 30-40lbs saved figuring I'll be running 5-6 gallons less fuel in my tank. Figure I should be in the 10.0s now at 135-136mph with the weight saving at my current power level. If I can get my 60ft down 9s should be doable without turning it up. Boost around 26psi, A/F 10.3-10.4 and 19* timing.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It sure looks different, with no fuel tank under the car..... :cool:

Chuck

#3 ·
Looks great Murph! Now we both have no trunk space :)
I love the way my car looks from the back now w/ the cell, you just see the shiny rear girdle...looks mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.