Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NEVER EVER AGAIN
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, Im putting my battery in the trunk. Should I put it on the lower flat pan area on the P/S or up on the upper part directly over the rear axle? The PCM power wire that plugs/unplugs, and the ALT feed wire, what do I do with these? I was also going to run the ground through the trunk pan and straight to the frame in the back, good to go? ALT wire, I was thinking I could run off the main starter terminal and up to the back of the alt so I wouldnt have to run a wire all the way from the battery to the alt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If your going to be running it at the track the tech guys will want to see a diconnect switch that shuts the car down when shut off when the battery is moved.

I relocated mine to the spare tire well, ran a new wire for alternator to the disconnect switch so when switch is shut off it kills the car. Computer wire runs to battery so it remains powered when kill switch gets shut off, so I don't loose my me-r settings. Probably a better way to do this but this worked for me and the tech guys are happy.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
If it's going to be a street car, put it up next to the back seat above the axle. If it's drag only put in far back on the passenger side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts