Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one of my slips from a time I was racing at E-Town... I thought it was cool that they post the temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure on your slip...You don't have to estimate..(unless you have one of those cool weather stations) They don't do that at my home track. (New England Dragway)
Just wondering if anyone knows how much of a difference a given humidity or barometric pressure will affect performance... (roughly of course) Or any knowledge you have on how they all relate to performance...
The slip has a temp reading of 66*, 37% humidity, and a barometric pressure of 29.45.. (which was falling) I know the temp and the humidity are good, but I forget the "good range" for barometric pressure...The higher the better, anyone wanna share their thoughts?

------------------
RandyCustomShop
"Firechicken"
1982/86/87/88/89 Firebird
Turbo
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ran 12.29 @ 110.17mph recently on 34* timing.

It was 70*temp 70%RH and BAR of 29.5

------------------
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited-T 12.29 on street [email protected] 1.73 60' Stock motor, stock tranny, stock turbo, stock injectors, modified neck stock intercooler, 62mm TB, ATR 7th injector, Dual Deadhead Alcohol injection, 3" DP with dump, southside lift bars, 2800 stall convertor, Hot wired Walbro 307. MaxEffort 8 position custom thumbwheel with: fuel out, MAF lock, knock nozzle enable, and variable timing 18,20,22,24,26,28,34 degrees.
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Tel.716-422-9678 8:30am-4:30pm EST
Methanol/Alcohol Regulated & DeadHead Injection System Kits and Parts.
http://www.servtech.com/~racerx

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
This is only a rough estimate, but going back over old time slips at the various tracks here in Southern CA. I have noticed something of a trend. I "seem" to loose about a tenth, and a mph per 1,000ft of altitude or Density Air. It's especially obvious at a track like Palmdale where on a Saturday the DA might be 4,000 ft and the next day it might be 3,000ft
like at our last race there. Ran high 12.90's on sat. and a flat 12.80 on sun. It's been that way all summer. I can almost calculate with some accuracy now what the car will run at that track by looking at the DA for that day, and the same holds true for Pamona, which is at 1,100 ft, and the DA seldom changes much from that. Carlsbad, at see level seldom changes either so there's three good tracks that have tested this trend.

------------------
TurboDave & Kathy Huinker, mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing,BGNRA San Diego,GSCA-5311,Turbo Buick Web Ring
San Diego CA http://home.san.rr.com/buickv6/
86 GN 11.50; 118.50 "corrected"(actually [email protected] at 2,900 feet).
(MM/MAF Xlator/Extender,MM BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 L69 Z28

1 - 3 of 3 Posts