Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start moving theres a banging noise that sounds like i have a part of my exhaust loose, i have gone over the exhaust a few times and cannot find anything. the only thing that i can think of is i have the inter cooler support on the right side disconnected, because it is bent and a real PITA to get back onto the alternator. i also thought that it might have something to do with the driver side header, so i removed the stock one, had it welded and resprayed, then bolted it back up and i still get the noise, any suggestions?

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
First of all, are you saying that your intercooler is loose? If that is the case, fix it before the fan hits the intercooler.
Second, what downpipe are you running? I have seen some of the 3" downpipe's hit the floor and cause a very annoying banging sound when driving.

Check those things and let us know what you find out. Good luck finding what is loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is the stock downpipe, and no it is not hitin the fan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just replaced the coil pack, its got no power, and some exhaust leaks on top of those popping andback fireing, any suggestions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts