Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a set of Weld Racing RTS wheels and was wondering what the proper backspacing was as there are multiple spacings. My set up will be 15x3.95 in. in the front and two choices of backspacing are 1.63 and 2.50in. The rears will be 15x8in. Im certain the backspace on the rear has to be 4.50in. but im not sure if i will need spacers for rear? my tires will be mickey thompson et streets and 26x6-15 and 255/60-15. let me know ur thoughts as will be getting these very soon!

thanx Brent

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
4 inch is optimum. You can run a 4.5 backspace...but you may need a 1/4" spacer.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I had a set of pizza cutters on my car a few years back...but I don't know what the backspace was.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I upgraded the stab bar bushings and end links. It drove fine once I did the upgrades.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I never have...and I'm not sure what the legalities are.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
can i run spacers at the track or is that a no no?
Back in the late 80's (these cars were still "new") we used some small spacers on GN #1 at the track without any problems. Back then we were only getting 60' times in the 1.6 - 1.7 range and again the car was pretty new and was low mileage.

We did that for part of a season and then got rims with the proper backspacing and haven't had any problems. I guess it depends on how hard you will be launching and how lucky you feel?

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts