Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the Help of Paul(Thanks Again) I picked up another GN today,Nice Paint and Interior.Needs a few minor odds and ends,But nothing big.

It's a 86 with 75K on it.Quick rundown of the Mods,
Hemco Upper
206/206 Roller
T&D 1.55's
Ported Heads,Intake..Big Valves
30 over Diamond Forged Pistons
Block Girdle..And Steel Mains
Trans Is a Built Dynotech Job with a Billet Drum
3600 stall pro torque
LT 70 Turbo.
SMC Alky kit.
Precision Front mount

No times yet...But it should run well,On the test drive it was just ripping up the tires anywhere near 10psi.And still seemed to pull pretty Hard.

I should have it to the track this week for some passes,I will take some 18psi Alky passes first and see how it does.

Will post more pics after I change the Rims and clean it...:yup:

Here are a few pics,

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhuber said:
SWEET GN Shawn!!! :cheers:

...and it's my favorite kind T-TOPS!!!! :headbang:
I used to prefer the Hardtop cars...But with my height,I have a little more room in the T-Top cars.

Thanks for the Compliment,

Shawn

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
looks like lots of potential Shawn, have fun with it.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Couldn't stay away could ya?

:6: :headbang:

·
5 sec. slower than Shawn!
622 Posts
Oh boy! here we go again!

Last we spoke you went to CHECK it out you impulsive buyer!!!!!!!

The rich are all alike gotta have it now, now ,now!

Will you tow my engineless TTA down the track so I can get into the 10's at least once?

:cheers:

I guess I really gotta get moving then huh? :yup:

·
Tattooed White Trash
1,162 Posts
Congrats shawn! Looks very nice!
Ray :6:

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys..

Here are a few more...

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GrndNatnl said:
BADASS, SHAWN! The X wheels look sweet. Now do us a favor and KEEP this one! :6:

Could do without the mudflaps.. It's a Buick, not a Peterbuilt.
Thanks Matt,

I hear ya on the Mudflaps,I hate them myself.But,I Might leave the Back ones on there to save the 1/4's.

Cant promise nothing on the Keeping it thing.. :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Nice looking car Shawn, good luck with it!! I see your from Hazlet, I'm only a couple miles down the road from ya.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Great lookin' car Shawn, especially with the GNX wheels :D Nice to see another 86 in the group, albeit nicer looking and faster than mine.

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone Interested in white face guages...Let me Know..

I will probably be taking all of them out of the car within the next few weeks...I cant stand them... :dunno:

I am going with the silver face sport comps... :yup:

Its all of them 30/30 Boost-Oil-Water-Volts

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Little update....

Me and Paul..(Mainly Paul)... :cool: Fixed the Pass.side Header leak yesterday,Threw the Directscan on and went out for a few Blasts up and down the Road..(Pauls neighbors are going to kill him soon...Say Goodbye now!!!)

Car was running 18psi rock solid with 20*of timing with the alky....All I can say is this Friggen thing pulls hard as hell.I was very suprised on how fast it is with no timing,And only 18psi.Traction is a huge problem.

I can see that If I get to the track Wednesday with it...It isnt going to hook worth a crap,Even with the MT Drag Radials on it.:dunno:

Paul....It spools even quicker now with the header fixed..(Which I figured)..Even worse for traction.

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well,made it to the Track last nite.Very happy with how the car ran.Even though I have another exhaust leak now on the Drivers side header,Have a bad #5 spark plug wire..(Ask Paul about that one.. :yup: )..And only running 18lbs of boost with a 20* Timing Red Armstrong Street chip(Was in there..Will have a T-Tweak chip on the way soon)The car still ran [email protected] With a crappy 1.7x 60'.I knew the car felt strong,I wasnt expecting it to run that fast on low boost and no timing.

There is no bar in the car,So that was basically the end of the nite for me.After I get the few little issues cleared up..(Plugs,Wires,Exhaust leaks)..I will turn it up a bit and make some 1/8th mile and Maybe some 1000ft on the brakes Passes,Until I figure out if I want to do a bar in the car or not.

Again I want to Thank Paul For all his help in the past few days...And Also Pete(TTA-656) for Hooking me up with the MT Drag Radials So I could make it to the track yesterday.

Thats Paul Im racing against in the video...He went bottom 12's on the stock turbo with a bad 60'.He will have that 11 sec stock turbo pass soon. :6:

Here is a link for the video....

Click here to watch My-86-GN

·
5 sec. slower than Shawn!
622 Posts
(Plugs,Wires,Exhaust leaks)..I will turn it up a bit and make some 1/8th mile and Maybe some 1000ft on the brakes Passes,Until I figure out if I want to do a bar in the car or not.

Does that include whether you'll keep it or not :wink:

Headers are cut and mocked, DFI came today with the girdle! I'm coming for you! :D

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
Shawn, beautiful run, now fix those little stuff, do I see 10s on the horizon?

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carmello...

Thanks for the Compliment,The car should easily run 10's..since that was the first pass on it,I was taking it easy.Never thought it would run that fast on only 18psi,And a red armstrong Street chip.

I put new wires on it today,Have to look into the Header leak,Fixed one on the Pass side,Now the drivers side is leaking.Somebody put gaskets on the headers,And they arent holding too well.

I want to get one more full pass on Directscan And then get a TurboTweak Chip in it.Then I will turn it up a bit,And play around some while I decide If I want to cage it or not.May just wind up being a fast street car/Track Rental car.. :yup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts